Hans,
I have tested libv4lconvert with a PCI hauppauge hvr1300 DVB-T and
found that v4lconvert_create() returns NULL. The problem comes from
the shm_open calls in v4lcontrol_create() in libv4lcontrol.c (lines
187 & 190). libv4lconvert constructs the shared memory name based on
the video device's name. And in this case the video device's name
(literally "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300 DVB-T/H") contains a slash, which
makes both calls to shm_open() fail. I can put together a quick patch
to replace '/' with '-' or white spaces if you want.
Gilles