Hi Chris,

Christian Heidingsfelder [Heidingsfelder + Partner] wrote:
> It seems i own the two not working DVB-S Devices on linux.
> Its a TT-Connect S2 -3650 CI and a Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI 4000I.
> Is there any chance to get one of them working. I use Gentoo with the 2.6.29-
> gentoo-r5 kernel.

a driver for the "Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e)" was written by Dominik Kuhlen at the beginning of last year. This Pinnacle device is based on the same hardware as the TechnoTrend S2-3600. From what I know Michael H. Schimek has contributed the S2-3650 code and CI handling for the box(anyone, please correct me if I am wrong). Some interim state of drivers for above mentioned devices is currently included in Igor M. Liplianin's repository at
http://mercurial.intuxication.org/hg/s2-liplianin/
The linuxtv.org wiki lists a patch under
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TechnoTrend_TT-connect_S2-3650_CI#S2API to be applied, but it fails on some chunks...

I'd say your best chance is to start asking the people who wrote the drivers to create a diff against http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb that will eventually go into the kernel.

As for the "Pinnacle PCTV Dual Sat Pro PCI 4000I"...
All I know is that the wiki at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_Dual_Sat_Pro_PCI_4000I lists this device as not supported.

Regards.
 André