Jean Delvare wrote:
Hi Mark,

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:52:09 -0400, Mark Lord wrote:
While you folks are looking into ir-kbd-i2c,
perhaps one of you will fix the regressions
introduced in 2.6.31-* ?

The drive no longer detects/works with the I/R port on
the Hauppauge PVR-250 cards, which is a user-visible regression.

This is bad. If there a bugzilla entry? If not, where can I read more
details / get in touch with an affected user?
..

I imagine there will be thousands of affected users once the kernel
is released, but for now I'll volunteer as a guinea-pig.

It is difficult to test with 2.6.31 on the system at present, though,
because that kernel also breaks other things that the MythTV box relies on,
and the system is in regular use as our only PVR.

Right now, all I know is, that the PVR-250 IR port did not show up
in /dev/input/ with 2.6.31 after loading ir_kbd_i2c.  But it does show
up there with all previous kernels going back to the 2.6.1x days.

So, to keep the pain level reasonable, perhaps you could send some
debugging patches, and I'll apply those, reconfigure the machine for
2.6.31 again, and collect some output for you.  And also perhaps try
a few things locally as well to speed up the process.

Okay?

Thanks