Hi Akihiro,

thanks for commenting.

On Wed, 5 Aug 2009, Akihiro TSUKADA wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your effort to add support for ISDB-T/S.
I've skimmed through the ARIB standard before,
but it is too complicated for me to understand well enough.
So this is not a comment for the API extension itself,
but for the document part.

Some of the parameters are currently (and probably will stay)
fixed or not used  according to the "operational guidelines".

Yeah, that's usually the case with complex standards. For DVB-T in theory 1500 parameter-combinations are possible, but only 5-10 different are used in the world. (For ISDB-T the number of possible combinations are more than 100000, iirc).

For example, DQPSK is not used at all (if I read correctly).
These guidelines are defined in ARIB TR-B14 for ISDB-T and
in ARIB TR-B15 for ISDB-S respectively.

Hmm, I'm actually not working on ISDB-S (Satelite), but on ISDB-Tsb (sound-broadcasting or also known as 1seg) which is based on ISDB-T's modulation principles (COFDM, segment etc).

So, including these two TRs (in additino to ARIB STD-B31)
as a reference in the document may help readers.

I'll at TR-B14 only.

thanks for the comments,
--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs