Hello, I've just subscribed this list. I'm normally using knode to read news,
but somehow I can not pull the groups etc from the vger server.

I also tried to post to linux-dvb mailing list, but found out that it moved
here. If you think I need to know something explicitly about participating to
the list, please let me know.

The issue I'm facing is that my old TV card (HVR900) stopped working, so I
googled around and decided to buy Terratec T USB XXS, reading it was
supported in dvb_usb_dib0700

However after installing the card (usb-stick) it was not recognized (my one
has product id 0x00ab and not 0x0078), so I googled again and found a hint to
change the device id in dvb_usb_ids.h which was working for other Terratec
card.

I pulled the latest v4l-dvb code and did it (perhaps I could have done it in
the kernel 2.6.31), compiled, installed and it started working.

However I can not handle udev to get the remote control links created
correctly. Can someone help me with it? How can I provide useful output to
developers to solve the issues with ir? I read and saw that ir control keys
are coded in the driver, so if the ir part of the 0x00ab card is different,
how can I get a useful information that can be coded for this card? Who is
doing the work at linux-dvb?

I read there are other people, returning the cards to the seller, because it's
not working/supported by linux, which does not seem to be really true.

Luckilly I have a bit kernel experience and good C knowledge and could do
testing if somebody can have a look at the issues - the code is completely
new to me so that I prefer to be an alpha tester for the device.

thanks for patience in advance and kind regards

--
pub   1024D/648C084C 2008-06-06 Emanoil Kotsev
<emanoil.kot...@sicherundsicher.at>