Hi Tiffany,

We just had a long discussion about whether or not -ERANGE should be returned
if the constraint flags could not be satisfied, and the end result was that
the driver should not return an error in that case, but just select a rectangle
that works with the hardware and is closest to the requested rectangle.

See the irc log for the discussion:

https://linuxtv.org/irc/irclogger_log/v4l?date=2016-08-05,Fri

This will simplify your code, and I'll drop this patch for a v4l2-common helper
function, since that is no longer relevant.

I will try to find time to fix the documentation (since that's wrong) and any
drivers that do return ERANGE.