On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Giuseppe Borzi <gbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have setup a tree that removes the mode switching code when
>> starting/stopping streaming.  If you have one of the em28xx dvb
>> devices mentioned in the previous thread and volunteered to test,
>> please try out the following tree:
>>
>> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/em28xx-modeswitch
>>
>> In particular, this should work for those of you who reported problems
>> with zl10353 based devices like the Pinnacle 320e (or Dazzle) and were
>> using that one line change I sent this week.  It should also work with
>> Antti's Reddo board without needing his patch to move the demod reset
>> into the tuner_gpio.
>>
>> This also brings us one more step forward to setting up the locking
>> properly so that applications cannot simultaneously open the analog
>> and dvb side of the device.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>>
>> Devin
>>
> Hello Devin,
> I've just downloaded, compiled and installed em28xx-modeswitch.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work and doesn't even
> create /dev/dvb, /dev/videoX, /dev/vbiX. Only /dev/dsp1 is created.
> The dmesg is attached to this email. As you can see it ends up in
> errors.
> One last note, I downloaded from the bz2 link.
>
> Cheers.

Did you run "make unload" before you plugged in the device?

Do me a favor - unplug the device, reboot the PC, plug it back in and
see if it still happens.  I just want to be sure this isn't some sort
of issue with conflict between the new and old modules before I debug
this any further.

Thanks,

Devin

--