On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:57 AM, Steven Toth <st...@kernellabs.com> wrote:
>> Just a follow up on this. I had a bit more time to dig deeper into this
>> today.
>>
>> Enabling debug output for the cx23885 driver *fixes* the issue.
>>
>> I added this to my kernel command line: cx23885.debug=8
>
> The driver's been around a very long time and is very stable with
> almost anything anyone has every added, or I originally added during
> the early development. That being said..... this sounds like the quad
> is producing some kind of race condition, or the PLX bridge is in
> someway not as transparent as everyone would like.

I happen to have tip installed on a dev box, so I thought I'd install
a quad-hd and test for the issues you'd mentioned.

I do not see any of the issues you are describing, regardless of
whether I tested with w_scan, tzap, dvbtraffic.

No unusual module options used, everything 'default'.

Everything looks fine to me, no fault found, Ubuntu 16.04 Kernel
4.12-rc1, 64bit.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com