Mauro Carvalho Chehab writes:
 > Em Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:52:59 +0200
 > Daniel Scheller <d.scheller....@gmail.com> escreveu:
 >
 > > Am Sat, 24 Jun 2017 13:50:01 -0300
 > > schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@s-opensource.com>:
 > >
 > > > Em Thu, 22 Jun 2017 23:35:27 +0200
 > > > Ralph Metzler <r...@metzlerbros.de> escreveu:
 > > >
 > > > Would it be possible to change things at the dddvb tree to make
 > > > it to use our coding style (for example, replacing CamelCase by the
 > > > kernel_style), in order to minimize the amount of work to sync from
 > > > your tree?
 > >
 > > Note that this mostly (if not only) applies to the demodulator drivers.
 > > ddbridge itself is okay in this regard and has only some minors like
 > > indent, whitespace and such. There's one bigger thing though I'm not sure
 > > of if it needs to be changed: Beginning with the 0.9.9-tarball release,
 > > functionality was split from ddbridge-core.c into ddbridge.c,
 > > ddbridge-i2c.c, ddbridge-mod.c and ddbridge-ns.c (the two latter being
 > > modulator and netstream/octonet related code, which we don't need at this
 > > time). The issue is that this wasn't done by updating the build system to
 > > build multiple objects, but rather build from ddbridge.c which then does
 > > '#include "ddbridge-core.c"', and in that file '#include
 > > "ddbridge-i2c.c"'. See [1] for how it actually looks like in the file.
 > > Mauro, do you think this is acceptable?
 >
 > Splitting it is OK. Including a *.c file no. It shouldn't be hard to

The main reason for using includes at the time were that the OctopusNet driver
(see https://github.com/DigitalDevices/dddvb/blob/master/ddbridge/octonet.c)
was using the same files but with different defines set.
Those differences are pretty much gone now.

> change the makefile to:
 >      obj-ddbridge = ddbridge-main.o ddbridge-core.o ddbridge-i2c.o \
 >                     ddbridge-modulator.o and ddbridge-ns.o
 >
 > The only detail is that "ddbridge.c" should be renamed to
 > ddbridge-core.c (or something similar) and some *.h files will
 > be needed.

Hmm, ddbridge -> ddbridge-main would be fine.
Renaming ddbridge to ddbridge-core and ddbridge-core to something else
would be confusing.

Regards,
Ralph