On 19/09/2017 11:48, Måns Rullgård wrote:

> Did you test the NEC32 variant?  I don't have anything that produces
> such codes.

I don't have a NEC32 IR remote control either.

IIUC, NEC32 means 16-bit address and 16-bit command.

I checked the RTL with a HW engineer. The HW block translates the IR
pulses into logical 1s and 0s according to the protocol parameters,
stuffs the logical bits into a register, and fires an IRQ when there
are 32 bits available. The block doesn't care if the bits are significant
or just checksums (that is left up to software).

Regards.