On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-staging for the
> following:
>
> - Enable staging drivers by default when building v4l-dvb
> - go7007: Add struct v4l2_device.
> - s2250: Change module structure
> - s2250: subdev conversion
> - go7007: subdev conversion

I have to admit that I am not sure that enabling staging drivers by
default is a good idea.  Staging drivers can be highly unstable, and
can potentially damage hardware.  I can totally imagine less
experienced users with one of these devices building the current code
and then being confused why their hardware is detected but is totally
broken, or worse becomes damaged.

I agree that we should be periodically ensuring the modules still
compile, but I think that by default they should need to be explicitly
enabled by a developer who knows what he/she is doing and understands
the ramifications/risks.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs