Hi Sakari,

On 10/09/2017 04:18 PM, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> Sure, how about this at the end of the current commit message:
>
> If there is a need to support removing the clock provider in the future,
> this should be implemented in the clock framework instead, not in V4L2.

I find it a little bit misleading, there is already support for removing
the clock provider, only any clock references for consumers became then
stale.  Perhaps:

"If there is a need to support the clock provider unregister/register
cycle while keeping the clock references in the consumers in the future,
this should be implemented in the clock framework instead, not in V4L2."

? That said, I doubt this issue is going to be entirely solved solely
in the clock framework, as it is a more general problem of resource
dependencies.  It could be related to other resources, like regulator
or GPIO.  It has been discussed for a long time now and it will likely
take time until a general solution is available.

--
Thanks,
Sylwester