Hi Oleh,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM, Sean Young <s...@mess.org> wrote:
> Hi Oleh,
>
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 05:01:05PM +0300, Oleh Kravchenko wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying add support remote control for tuners:
>> - EvroMedia Full Hybrid Full HD
>> - Astrometa T2hybrid
>>
>> But I'm stuck. Can anybody recognize this protocol?

Is there anything to indicate that there actually a separate IR
receiver on the board?  Most cx231xx devices have an MCEUSB compliant
IR RX/TX built into the chip, and thus they don't use a separate part.

Also, IIRC, address 0x30 is the I2C address of the onboard analog
frontend for the cx23102, and I suspect you're just reading the values
out of the AFE.  I suspect you've grabbed a dump from the initial
device plug-in, which would coincide with the initial register
programming of the AFE.

I suspect if you connect the device, let it device settle, *then*
start the I2C capture and hit a key on the remote, you'll see traffic
on a totally different endpoint which would be the IR traffic being
sent back over the IR interface/endpoint.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com