Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com> writes:

> True, but this means that everyone with an IR will need to use lirc.

I think that if the input layer (instead of raw code) is used, a utility
which only sets the mapping(s) would suffice. I.e. no daemon.

> /me thinks that, whatever decided with those lirc drivers, this should
> be applied also to the existing V4L/DVB drivers.

Certainly.

> IMO, it would be better to load the tables at the boot time (or at the
> corresponding hotplug event, for USB devices).

Sure (unless the "raw code" interface is in use).

Though maybe the raw code interface should be done in a simple library
instead of requiring the daemon.
--
Krzysztof Halasa