Hi Maxime,

I applied your patches, and they are a big improvement for what I am
trying to do, but things still aren't working right on my platform.

How confident are you that the MIPI mode will work with this version
of the driver? I am having issues that I believe are due to incorrect
clock generation. Our engineers did some reverse engineering of the
clock tree themselves, and came up with a slightly different model.
I've captured their model in a spreadsheet here:
https://tinyurl.com/pll-calc . Just modify the register and xclk
values to see the clocks change. Do your tests disagree with this
potential model?

I'm not sure which model is more correct, but my tests suggest the
high speed MIPI clock is generated directly off the PLL. This means
the PLL multiplier you are generating in your algorithm is not high
enough to satisfy the bandwidth. If this is the case, MIPI mode will
require a different set of parameters that enable some of the
downstream dividers, so that the PLL multiplier can be higher while
the PCLK value still matches the needed rate calculated from the
resolution.

Any thoughts on this before I dive in and start tweaking the algorithm
in mipi mode?

Sam
Sam Bobrowicz
Elite Embedded Consulting LLC