On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Primusmail <mike_boot...@iprimus.com.au> wrote:
> Good to hear that this is still in someones consciousness. A friend of mine
> has taken Manus patch and has modified the vdr-femon and vdr-rotor plugins to
> display Signal Strength and signal to Noise again. Not accurate numbers but
> they do show when tuning is improving or worsening and thats all I need. This
> is only for TTS2-3200 cards , THis might be of interest to someone.

Being able to align dishes to the correct sats @ the best signal is
definitely of interest to many people and since linux lacks a good
signal meter/sat identifier, there is much hope these talks will
actually lead to something tangible for users.  There is also a big
worry that it will degrade to personal conflicts and stall out with no
progress.  Let's cross our fingers the greater good for the users and
a working usable solution is the end result!!

Regards,
Derek