Hi Guennadi,

On 12/8/09, Alan Carvalho de Assis <acas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guennadi,
>>> I am trying to use an OV2640 camera with soc_camera.
>>>
>>> I'm using ov772x driver as base, but it needs too much modification to
>>> work with ov2640.
>>
>> I don't know that sensor specifically, but they can be quite different.
>>

> Yes, in fact ov2640 appears quite different compared to ov772x and ov9640.
>
>>> The OV2640 chip remaps all registers when register 0xFF is 1 or when it
>>> is
>>> 0.
>>
>> This is not unusual. There are a few ways to implement this, for example,
>> drivers/media/video/rj54n1cb0c.c uses 16-bit addresses, and decodes them
>> to bank:register pairs in its reg_read() and reg_write() routines.
>>

> Ok, I will try to implement it this way, case nobody suggests me a
> better approach.

I got mx27_camera from pengutronix tree and modified it to work with
kernel 2.6.32 (few modifications). I added platform data/device on my
board using pcm970-baseboard.c as example.

In the kernel config I selected:
CONFIG_VIDEO_MX27
CONFIG_SOC_CAMERA_OV9640

I noticed a strange behavior: the ov9640 driver is called before mx27_camera:

Linux video capture interface: v2.00
>>> Probe OK until now, going to ProbeVideo <<<
>>> Probing OV9640 <<<
Parent missing or invalid!
Driver for 1-wire Dallas network protocol.
i.MX SDHC driver
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
usbhid: v2.6:USB HID core driver
oprofile: using timer interrupt.
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
mx27-camera mx27-camera.0: initialising
>>> mx27_camera: IRQ request OK!
>>> mx27_camera: pcdev OK!
>>> mx27_camera: clk_csi OK!
mx27-camera mx27-camera.0: Camera clock frequency: 26600000
>>> mx27_camera: DMA request OK!
mx27-camera mx27-camera.0: Using EMMA
>>> mx27_camera: probe OK until now!
mx27-camera mx27-camera.0: Non-NULL drvdata on register
>>> mx27_camera: soc_camera_host_register returned 0!

Then ov9640 returns error because icd->dev.parent doesn't exist.

Did you already see this issue?

Best Regards,

Alan