Steve Longerbeam <steve_longerb...@mentor.com> writes:

> I think you misunderstood me. Of course there is a first and second
> field. By first I am referring to the first field transmitted, which could
> be top or bottom.

Right. I was thinking the fields are even and odd, but that's not
actually the case (I mean, the numbering uses field 1 and 2 and not
E/O).

> Progressive sensors have no fields, the entire image is captured at
> once as you said.

There are progressive cameras with analog PAL/NTSC output. The signal
is obviously interlaced and consists of fields.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP
Al. Jerozolimskie 202, 02-486 Warsaw, Poland