On 07/23/2018 12:31 AM, Philipp Zabel wrote:

ipu_image_convert_adjust tries to adjust both input and output image at
the same time, here we just have the format of either input or output
image. Do you suggest to split this function into an input and an output
version?
See b4362162c0 ("media: imx: mem2mem: Use ipu_image_convert_adjust
in try format")
Alright, this looks fine to me. I was worried about inter-format
limitations, but the only one seems to be the output size lower bound to
1/4 of the input size. Should S_FMT(OUT) also update the capture format
if adjustments were made to keep a consistent state?

That's a good question, I don't know if the mem2mem API allows for
that, but if it does we should do that for consistent state as you said.

In b4362162c0, the current capture format is used to adjust output
format during S_FMT(OUT) but any capture format changes are
dropped, and vice-versa.

Steve