It would be interesting to see what the device is sending. Please can you turn
on dynamic debug for ir-kbd-i2c.c:

echo "file ir-kbd-i2.c +p" > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

Try the remote again and report what in the kernel messages.

Sean

I turned on dynamic debug and got the following messages in the kernel log:

[  837.160992] rc rc0: get_key_fusionhdtv: ff ff ff ff
[  837.263927] rc rc0: ir_key_poll
[  837.264528] rc rc0: get_key_fusionhdtv: ff ff ff ff
[  837.367840] rc rc0: ir_key_poll
[  837.368441] rc rc0: get_key_fusionhdtv: ff ff ff ff

Pressing a key on the remote did not change the pattern. I rechecked the connection of the IR receiver to the card but it was firmly plugged in.

Martin