> BTW, Hauppauge's WinTV-CI looked much more promissing.
> At least when I started reading whole thread about it here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-...@linuxtv.org/msg28113.html
>
> Unfortunatelly, last Steve's note about not getting anything
> (even any answer) has disappointed me fully. And because
> google is quiet about any progress on it I pressume
> no any docu nor driver was released later on.

The whole project went badly wrong when the hardware vendor promised
documentation then failed to deliver. My mistake for trusting them in
the first place.

I had considered running a driver reverse engineering tutorial project
via kernellabs.com. Perhaps a 4 part series of writings, tools and
instructions that describe how to reverse engineer USB drivers and
culminates in a working skeleton driver for the WinTV CI that could be
used. I doubt I could make this happen without a project sponsor so if
you know any companies that would be willing to sponsor a project like
this then I'd certainly be interested in helping.

Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com