On Mon, 4 Jan 2010, Sean wrote:

> Jef,
>
> I upgraded to the latest v4l-dvb from http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb,
> made the kernel modules, made the v4l libraries, and recompiled
> capture-example.c. Gspca now shows 2.8.0. The error still persists. Alan
> Stern's latest patch to ohci-q.c traps the error. I think it is an issue
> with the cpu or usb controller on the Vortex86SX SoC.

The CPU is more likely than the USB controller.  The erroneous pointer
values we see are virtual addresses, whereas the USB controller would
probably write a physical (or DMA) address if it was malfunctioning.

Or it could be some bizarre timing problem with the memory bus, or
something else equally obscure.  You didn't mention before that this
was a SoC rather than an ordinary PC.

Alan Stern