Hey Andy,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Andy Walls <awa...@radix.net> wrote:
> The changes in question (mostly authored by me) are based on
> documentation on what offsets are to be used with the firmware for
> various DVB bandwidths and demodulators.  The change was tested by Terry
> on a Leadtek DVR 3100 H Analog/DVB-T card (CX23418, ZL10353, XC3028) and
> some other cards I can't remember, using a DVB-T pattern generator for 7
> and 8 MHz in VHF and UHF, and live DVB-T broadcasts in UHF for 6 MHz.
>
> (Devin,
>  Maybe you can double check on the offsets in tuner-xc2028.c with any
>  documentation you have available to you?)

At this point the extent to which I've looked in to the issue was
validating that, for a given frequency, the change resulted in a
crappy SNR with lots of BER/UNC errors, and after reverting the change
the signal looked really good with zero BER/UNC.  I haven't dug into
*why* it is an issue, but I examined the traces and looked at the
testing methodology and can confirm that there was definitely a
regression and Robert narrowed it down to the patch in question.

I was kind of hoping that one of the people that helped introduce the
regression would take on some of responsibility to help with the
debugging.  ;-)

I think I have one of the boards that will demonstrate the issue (a
Terratec board with xc3028/zl10353), and will try to find some time
with the generator once I wrap up the xc4000 work for the PCTV 340e.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com