"Karicheri, Muralidharan" <m-kariche...@ti.com> writes:

[...]

>>Also, this doesn't accuratly reflect the changes done in the patch.
>>
>>Here the clock configuration isn't moved, it's removed.  You should
>>mention it being removed here and added to platform-specific code in
>>subsequent patches.
>>
>>Sorry to be so nit-picky about the comments, but having a well-written
>>and descriptive changelog is extremely importanty.  For the benefit of
>>reading the git history later, and also for those of us less familiar
>>with the details of these drivers, we rely heavily on a good changelog.
>>

> [MK] I think you are being too picky on these comments :(

Part of my role is to be picky.  ;)

> Besides this was gone through several reviews and I was wondering
> why you chose to ignore these comments earlier. It was now being
> sent for merge, not for review.

I did not do a detailed review in the earlier versions because I was
leaving this to be thoroughly reviewed by linux-media folks.

However, with all the clock issues, I decided to give it a more
thorough review, and I found the changelogs to not be helpful in
understanding the patches.

The linux-media maintainers are certainly free to merge the stuff with
the current confusing changelog, but I would not recommend it.

> This is really not helping the upstream merge :(

Well, it may be taking a bit longer, but it is helping the quality of
the changes that are eventually merged upstream.

> Anyways, I will make these changes and send again.

Thanks,

Kevin