On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:02 AM, Philip Downer <p...@csldevices.co.uk> wrote:
> Ukko Happonen wrote:
>>
>> How do I make the TV tuner work?
>>
>> lspci -d 14f1:8880 -v says
>>        Kernel driver in use: cx23885
>>        Kernel modules: cx23885
>>

> Looks to me like it's already working.
>
> Do you have a /dev/dvb/adapter0 dir with anything in it? if so see
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Testing_your_DVB_device

Hey Phil,

I worked to him a bit on IRC yesterday.  The only reason that the
cx23885 was loaded was because he forced a modprobe with a card number
(with an arbitrary card, btw).

This looks like an Avermedia OEM version of the HVR-1200, but I would
not be able to say for certain without taking a good look at the card.

In order to get this working, a developer would probably have to work
through the driver to build a card profile.

Cheers,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs