Am Freitag, den 05.02.2010, 11:28 -0200 schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> Andreas Oberritter wrote:
> > Hello Andy,
> >
> > Andy Walls wrote:
> >> After investigation, my recommendation for fixing the problem is to
> >> revert the patch that is causing the problem.
>
> Well, the patch were already added on an upstream kernel, so just reverting it
> will cause regressions.
>
> If it is just aletv-dvb that broke, it seems better to fix it than to cause
> even more troubles by reverting two new ioctls.
>
> >> The reason for this is not that fixing the patch is impossible.
>
> Why? Where exactly the breakage happened?

Mauro,

alevt-dvb is the only application that is broken by that kernel patch in
question.
mtt works, but it is part of a suite of programs, it's not teletext
only.
So the architexture behind is much more complicated than alevt-dvb
itself ever was.

Conclusion: fix the application alevt-dvb is the shortest way to solve
the problem.

CS