Hi,

I was in the process of setting up my machine so I can run any of
the tests you might ask for.  First I needed a fully tested backup partition,
and then I needed to bring udev up to date.  But I see that the problem
is pretty much resolved right now.  As Devin said earlier I doubt I can ever
reproduce this event. Thanks very much for everything you do for the Linux community.

Richard

Andy Walls wrote:
Yes.  But it will take me a while.  I don't have a git tree, because I
don't have high bandwidth internet yet.  (The cable company's been
delayed in laying cable to my home due to repeated snowstorms.)

I just didn't want the problem to fall through the cracks.  I'll submit
something to bugzilla for now.  If a user complains of this rare Ooops
when loading firmware, the current workaround is to lengthen the timeout
via sysfs.

Regards,
Andy