On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mche...@redhat.com> wrote:
> I think that the control you want is V4L2_CID_GAIN.

I would have guessed the CID_GAIN control would have been responsible
for *luma* gain.  I could be wrong about that of course (but that is
what I believe people typically think of when they think of "gain" in
general).

>> I believe there probably are cases where extended controls are required,
>> but I believe just a general user control based on
>> V4L2_CID_PRIVATE_BASE should probably be able to work even with the
>> generic VIDIOC_S_CTRL
>>
>> I'm just asking because it would mean in order for v4l2-dbg to work
>> with my solution i would have to add support for extended controls in
>> general to the saa7115 driver, which shouldn't be necessary.
>
> The end objective is to have everybody implementing extended controls and
> removing the old controls, letting the V4L2 ioctl2 to convert a call to a
> simple control into an extended control callback. So, I think it would
> be worthy to implement extended control on saa7115.

Ok then.  I'll add the 15-20 lines of code which add the extended
controls mechanism to the 7115, which just operates as a passthrough
for the older control interface.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs