Hi Mauro,

>From what I have gather so far, it seem that you are the only person
who might still be keen in the continue development of TM6000 driver.
Apparently, I saw that you are also pretty much occupied with other
works at hand.

I have recently bought a USB stick(MSI Vox II) that have the
TM5600/XC2028 chipset. Using the latest source from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb and activating the TM6000 under staging,
I was able to detect the tuner stick. Firmware was extracted using the
tridvid.sys from the windows driver CD.

Unfortunately, this is the furthest that I can go. Both tvtime and
mplayer were able to load but the notebook just freeze some time.

Do you have any pointer on how I can get it to work?

Playing tv://.
TV file format detected.
Selected driver: v4l2
 name: Video 4 Linux 2 input
 author: Martin Olschewski <olschew...@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
 comment: first try, more to come ;-)
Selected device: Trident TVMaster TM5600/6000
 Tuner cap:
 Tuner rxs: MONO
 Capabilites:  video capture  tuner  read/write  streaming
 supported norms: 0 = NTSC-M; 1 = NTSC-M-JP; 2 = PAL; 3 = PAL-BG; 4 =
PAL-H; 5 = PAL-I; 6 = PAL-DK; 7 = PAL-M; 8 = PAL-N; 9 = PAL-Nc; 10 =
PAL-60; 11 = SECAM; 12 = SECAM-B; 13 = SECAM-G; 14 = SECAM-H; 15 =
SECAM-DK; 16 = SECAM-L; 17 = SECAM-Lc;
 inputs: 0 = Television; 1 = Composite; 2 = S-Video;
 Current input: 0
 Current format: YUYV
v4l2: current audio mode is : MONO
v4l2: ioctl set format failed: Invalid argument
v4l2: ioctl set format failed: Invalid argument

On a side note, I am starting to look through documentation on
developing v4l driver so that I can work on the existing TM6000
driver. Unfortunately, while I am verse in programming(userspace
only), C and Assembly is only something I am familiar with many years
back during school days. So its going to take a while for me to catch
up.

I guess working on the driver on my own might be the only possibility
if you cannot afford the time to work on it.