Hi Daro,

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:38:11 +0100, Daro wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> I am back and ready to go :)
> As I am not much experienced Linux user I would apprieciate some more
> details:
>
> I have few linux kernels installed; which one should I test or it does
> not matter?
> 2.6.31-14-generic
> 2.6.31-16-generic
> 2.6.31-17-generic
> 2.6.31-19-generic
> 2.6.31-20-generic
>
> and one I compiled myself
> 2.6.32.2
>
> I assume that to proceed with a test I should patch the certain version
> of kernel and compile it or could it be done other way?

It will be easier with the kernel you compiled yourself. First of all,
download the patch from:
http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/75883/raw/

Then, move to the source directory of your 2.6.32.2 kernel and apply
the patch:

$ cd ~/src/linux-2.6.32
$ patch -p2 <
~/download/saa7134-Fix-IR-support-of-some-ASUS-TV-FM-7135-variants.patch

Adjust the path in each command to match your own setup. Then just
build and install the kernel:

$ make
$ sudo make modules_install
$ sudo make install

Or whatever method you use to install your self-compiled kernels. Then
reboot to kernel 2.6.32.2 and test that the remote control works even
when _not_ passing any card parameter to the driver.

If you ever need to remove the patch, use:

$ cd ~/src/linux-2.6.32
$ patch -p2 -R <
~/download/saa7134-Fix-IR-support-of-some-ASUS-TV-FM-7135-variants.patch

I hope my instructions are clear enough, if you have any problem, just
ask.

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare