Hi,

On 03/22/2010 11:55 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Monday 22 March 2010 10:29:09 Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 03/22/2010 01:17 AM, Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Sunday 21 March 2010 23:45:04 Hans Verkuil wrote:
On Saturday 20 March 2010 09:58:49 Hans Verkuil wrote:
These drivers have no hardware to test with: bw-qcam, c-qcam, arv, w9966.
However, all four should be easy to convert to v4l2, even without hardware.
Volunteers?

I've converted these four drivers to V4L2.

I've also removed the V4L1 support from cpia2 and pwc and removed some last
V4L1 code remnants from meye and zoran. It's all in the same tree.

Hans, could you test the pwc driver for me?

Done,

And the news is not good I'm afraid, it does not work. I've one interesting
observation though. It does work if I first run it once with the "old"
version of the driver and then load your version (also replacing videodev.ko,
etc with the ones from your tree). But if I plug it in with your driver in
place it does not stream (nothing interesting in dmesg). So it seems like
an initialization problem.

When you run it with the old version, are you using the V4L1 API or the V4L2
API? And what program do you use for testing?

I was using cheese, which uses the V4l2 api (through gstreamer).