Am 04.05.2010 20:25, schrieb Mauro Carvalho Chehab:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Ringel wrote:

>>> I forgot a log with old calculating.
>>>

>> datagram from urb to videobuf
>>
>> urb           copy to     temp         copy to         1. videobuf
>>                          buffer                        2. audiobuf
>>                                                        3. vbi
>> 184 Packets   ------->   184 * 3072    ---------->     4. etc.
>> a 3072 bytes               bytes
>>                184 *                   3072 *
>>              3072 bytes              180 bytes
>>                                 (184 bytes - 4 bytes
>>                                     header )
>
> In order to receive 184 packets with 3072 bytes each, the USB code will
> try to allocate the next power-of-two memory block capable of receiving
> such data block. As: 184 * 3072 = 565248, the kernel allocator will seek
> for a continuous block of 1 MB, that can do DMA transfers (required by
> ehci driver). On a typical machine, due to memory fragmentation,
> in general, there aren't many of such blocks. So, this will increase the
> probability of not having any such large block available, causing an
horrible
> dump at kernel, plus a -ENOMEM on the driver, generally requiring a reboot
> if you want to run the driver again.

And direct copy from urb to videobuf/alsa/vbi in 184 Bytes segments.

urb                      1. videobuf
              copy to    2. audiobuf
                         3. vbi
184 Packets   ------->   4. etc.
a 3072 bytes
              180 Bytes (without headers)

or how can I copy 180 Bytes Data from 184 Bytes block with an
anligment of 184 urb pipe (184 * 3072 Bytes)?