Hi,

>Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mche...@redhat.com> wrote:
>               == Videobuf patches - Need more tests before committing it -
> Volunteers? ==
>
>Apr,21 2010: [v1, 1/2] v4l: videobuf: Add support for out-of-order buffer
>dequeuing
> http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/93901
>Apr,21 2010: [v1, 2/2] v4l: vivi: adapt to out-of-order buffer dequeuing in
>videobu http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/93903

it'd be great if there was a driver/device that would be benefiting from this,
i.e. that may want to:
- return buffers in a different order than queued,
- process them in parallel,
- process them in a different order,

or anybody interested in those features. Is anybody aware of any such devices
in the V4L tree?

This is also the first step to simplifying videobuf and making it lighter by
removing superficial (to my best knowledge) waitqueues in every videobuf_buffer
structure, as discussed at the Oslo meeting.

Best regards
--
Pawel Osciak
Linux Platform Group