Hello,
I got a problem with my Hauppauge hdpvr device:

After getting an involuntary firmware update of my cable-tv box (UPC
Austria), the hdvpr device looses connection when a commercial appears or
when the channel will be changed. They have installed a commercial-marker or
other stupid thing.

The hdpvr-configuration is YPbPr-analog-input and
S/PDIF/toslink-digital-input.

I am using the HD Fury 2-device to get the HDMI-source from the cable box.
This might be the problem device and the Fury maybe cut off the connection
for short time - but it isn't visible by me. Anyway, the firmware should be
able to CATCH such connection-abort-problems?

Plugging the HDMI-source to the TV directly will not show any problems.

There are no information in the log (hdpvr debug setting is highest: 7)

There is another phenomenon with the digital sound: Plugging the toslink
cable from tv-box to the hdpvr device will interrupt the sound for 1-2
seconds after 5 seconds repeatedly.

I'dont know if this problem is part of the kernel module but it would be
nice if this could be fixed.

I'm available for some testing and try-out-sessions to find out more..

Best Rene