Hi all,

regarding the described problems with capturing a full transponder from
a DVB device, I would like to ask if anyone is able to reproduce the
described problems?

We originally found that problem on a TBS DVB dual tuner board and are
able to reproduce these problems very quickly on all TBS cards we have.
Please note that Konstantin already described that this problem occurs
on several DVB boards as well. So it seems that there is a general
problem in DVB driver. It would be great if anybody could try to
reproduce the problem and report the results.

As far as I understand the problem, it could be a real issue and is not
only critical for applications that receive/process a full transponder.
If an application requests only specific PIDs, it seems that the driver
discards the garbage data in most cases because there is a lesser
propability that garbage start  with requested PIDs. However, since
garbage data can be received from the driver they could also start with
a valid/requested PID and thus affect all kind of applications that
receive/process DVB data. In this case the application would process
data that cannot be well interpreted which cause a very undefined
behavior or even damage at the client side (e.g., interpreting garbage
data as audio).

So any help, suggestions, or reports if the problem can be reproduced
(or not) would be appreciated,

Thanks,
  Michael Repplinger