On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Jan-Pascal van Best
<janpas...@vanbest.org> wrote:
> On Tue, June 8, 2010 08:26, Tobias Maier wrote:
>>> The Micronas DRX series seems to 'evil' in that there
>>> is only a closed-source driver and the manufacturer doesn't cooperate
>>> with open source developers.
>> Have you asked them or are you simply asuming this because there is no
>> open source driver?
> "
> It is important to notice that the vendor (Trident) doesn't seem to want
> helping with open source development. Contacts with the vendor were tried
> during 2007 and 2008 in order to get their help by opening docs, via Linux
> Foundation NDA program, without success.
>
> The vendor also seems to be refusing so far to help the development of a
> driver for their demod DRX-K line that they acquired from Micronas (as
> pointed at http://linux.terratec.de/tv_en.html).
> "
> (http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Trident_TM6000)

We have been working on getting those chipsets work with our devices.
http://sundtek.com/shop/Digital-TV-Sticks/Sundtek-MediaTV-Digital-Home-DVB-CT.html

Trident is also still improving the quality of their driver and
firmware, it very much makes
sense that they handle their driver especially since those DRX drivers
are very complex
(basically too complex for being handled by the community, the drivers
would just
end up somewhere unmaintained).

Best Regards,
Markus