Hi Maxim,

on 29 Jul 10 at 19:26, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 11:38 -0400, Andy Walls wrote:

>>> Could you explain exactly how timeout reports work?
>>>
>>> Lirc interface isn't set to stone, so how about a reasonable compromise.
>>> After reasonable long period of inactivity (200 ms for example), space
>>> is sent, and then next report starts with a pulse.
>>> So gaps between keypresses will be maximum of 200 ms, and as a bonus I
>>> could rip of the logic that deals with remembering the time?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Maxim Levitsky

> So, timeout report is just another sample, with a mark attached, that
> this is last sample? right?

No, a timeout report is just an additional hint for the decoder that a
specific amount of time has passed since the last pulse _now_.

[...]
> In that case, lets do that this way:
>
> As soon as timeout is reached, I just send lirc the timeout report.
> Then next keypress will start with pulse.

When timeout reports are enabled the sequence must be:
where <timeout> is optional.

lircd will not work when you leave out the space. It must know the exact
time between the pulses. Some hardware generates timeout reports that are
too short to distinguish between spaces that are so short that the next
sequence can be interpreted as a repeat or longer spaces which indicate
that this is a new key press.

Christoph