On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 08:07 +0200, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:58:18 +0200

> Hi,
>
> If I may resume this exchange:
>
> - the (microscope or device dependant) illuminators may be controlled
>   by v4l2,

I agree.

> - the status LED should be controlled by the LED interface.

I agree.  However, I think it is overkill based on my perception of
future utilization by end users.

I recommend ultimately implementing something in the v4l2 infrastructure
that helps v4l2 drivers expose LEDs via the LED API easily and
uniformly.  Maybe that can start with a gspca framework implementation,
which then evolves to the v4l2 infrastructure implementation.

Regards,
Andy