On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 12:33:21 +0200
Antonio Ospite <osp...@studenti.unina.it> wrote:

> with 2.6.36-rc6 I can't use the ov534 gspca subdriver (with PS3 eye)
> anymore, when I try to capture video in dmesg I get:
> gspca: no transfer endpoint found
>
> If I revert commit 35680ba I can make video capture work again but I
> still don't get the audio device in pulseaudio, it shows up in
> alsamixer but if I try to select it, on the console I get:
> cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument
>
> I'll test with latest Jean-François tree, and if it still fails I'll
> try to find a solution, but I wanted to report it quickly first, I
> hope we fix this before 2.6.36.

Hi Antonio,

I think I see why the commit prevents the webcam to work: as it is
done, the choice of the alternate setting does not work with bulk
transfer. A simple fix could be to also check bulk transfer when
skipping an alt setting in the function get_ep().

About audio stream, I do not see how it can have been broken.

Might you send me the full USB information of your webcam?

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef             |               http://moinejf.free.fr/