Hi Mike,

Am Dienstag, den 23.11.2010, 13:36 +0000 schrieb Mike Martin:
> On 22 November 2010 19:43, hermann pitton <hermann-pit...@arcor.de> wrote:

> >> tried that no difference
> >> >
> >> well up until friday I was using a HVR900, until it decided to refuse
> >> to believe it was plugged into a USB2 bus, and it was working fine

> > [...]
> >
> > Well, it is still very easy to install the latest remaining v4l-dvb from
> > hg/mercurial for a quick test too.
> >
> > I don't have your hardware, but all my stuff is still fine there so far.
> >
> > AFAIR, your device, added by Hartmut, has some sort of TD1316 without an
> > extra tda9887 IF demodulator for analog reception soldered outside of
> > the tuner on the PCB.
> >
> > However, it is in a loop for eeprom auto detection on the side of the
> > bridge.
> >
> > If that fails, and for my experience four of five attempts to fiddle
> > with that later did fail, you don't have a chance for any DVB either.
> >
> > You might have to force the card number in such a case, but I'm still
> > far away from what might be going on and your report is without any
> > details so far.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Hermann
> >

> One problem is the last time I used it - it worked. Although that was
> in a different location/PC

yup, I know too it did work for years.

> Current system P4 Fedora 14, stock kernel
>
> output scandvb
>
> scanning uk-Aberdare_auto
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> initial transponder 474167000 3 9 9 6 2 4 4
> initial transponder 482167000 3 9 9 6 2 4 4
> initial transponder 497833000 3 9 9 6 2 4 4
> initial transponder 506167000 3 9 9 6 2 4 4
> initial transponder 521833000 0 2 9 3 0 0 0
> initial transponder 530167000 0 2 9 3 0 0 0
> WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

One thing I forgot about, you might have to force the bandwidth too.

If that still fails, you might be on the road for bisecting through the
previous patches.

I can't even tell, how reliable bisecting can work currently.

However, it might be worth to test with the remaining v4l-dvb mercurial
code as a start.

Cheers,
Hermann