On Jan 16, 2011, at 10:29 PM, Andy Walls wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 14:20 -0500, Andy Walls wrote:
>> Mauro,
>>
>> Please pull the one ir-kbd-i2c change and multiple lirc_zilog changes
>> for 2.6.38.
>>
>> The one ir-kbd-i2c change is to put back a case to have ir-kbd-i2c set
>> defaults for I2C client address 0x71.  I know I was the one who
>> recommend that ir-kbd-i2c not do this, but I discovered pvrusb2 and bttv
>> rely on it for the moment - Mea culpa.
>>
>> The lirc_zilog changes are tested to work with both Tx and Rx with an
>> HVR-1600.  I don't want to continue much further on lirc_zilog changes,
>> unitl a few things happen:
>>
>> 1. I have developed, and have had tested, a patch for the pvrusb2 driver
>> to allow the in kernel lirc_zilog to bind to a Z8 on a pvrusb2 supported
>> device.
>
> Mauro,
>
> I have developed a patch for pvrusb2 and Mike Isely provided his Ack.  I
> have added it to my "z8" branch and this pull request.

I've finally got around to trying it out with the HVR-1950 I've got here,
and it does do the trick for ir-kbd-i2c (albeit I never see proper key
repeats, only alternating press/release key events). Not working with
lirc_zilog yet, it fails to load, due to an -EIO ret to one of the
i2c_master_send() calls in lirc_zilog during probe of the TX side. Haven't
looked into it any more than that yet.

>> 2. Jarrod finishes his changes related to the Z8 chip for hdpvr and they
>> are pulled into media_tree.git branch.

They're in now. Still need to tweak the ir-kbd-i2c usage by hdpvr a bit,
but at least I'm close to having other hardware to compare and contrast
with, behavior-wise.

>> 3. I hear from Jean, or whomever really cares about ir-kbd-i2c, if
>> adding some new fields for struct IR_i2c_init_data is acceptable.
>> Specifically, I'd like to add a transceiver_lock mutex, a transceiver
>> reset callback, and a data pointer for that reset callback.
>> (Only lirc_zilog would use the reset callback and data pointer.)
>>
>> 4. I find spare time ever again.

Ha, I feel your pain... ;)

--
Jarod Wilson