Hi Guennadi,

I think, it's maybe a good suggestion for current trend! ( I'm not sure this
express *trend* is right :))

But, the flash or strobe control connected with sensor can be controlled by
user application
directly, not in the sensor subdev device. For example, let's think that there
is a Flash light
application. Its function is just power-up LED. So, in this case, if the flash
control mechanism
should be used *only* in the V4L2 API belonging through S/G_PARM, this mechanism
might be a little complicated, nevertheless it's possible to control led/strobe
using S/G_PARM.
I mean that we must check the camera must be in the capture state or not, or
another setting
(like a FPS) should be checked. Namely, for powering up LED, the more procedure
is needed.

Also, we can think another case. Generally, the LED/STROBE/FLASH is connected
with camera
sensor directly, but another case can be existed that LED connected with
Processor by controlling
GPIO. So, In this case, using LED framework look more better I guess, and then
user application
access LED frame sysfs node eaisly.

So, IMHO, probably it's the better option for now to make another CID like
V4L2_CID_STROBE clearly,
then in the case connected directly with sensor, we control using I2C or
another command method for
sensor in the V4L2_CID_STROBE, OR in the case connected directly with process,
we also using
V4L2_CID_STROBE, but the led framework code is in the CID control functions.

Actually, because I also think deeply same issue for a long time, so I wanna
very talk about this issues.

How about dealing with this?

Regards,
Heungjun Kim

2011. 2. 25., 오전 1:07, Guennadi Liakhovetski 작성: