On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:23:11 +0530
Manu Abraham <abraham.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Steffen,

Hi Manu ,

thx for the reply :)

> On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Steffen Barszus
> > Manu , Mauro please comment ! Thanks !
> >
> > Avoid unnecessary data copying inside dvb_dmx_swfilter_204()
> > function 2010-08-07      Marko Ristola           Under Review
> > Refactor Mantis DMA transfer to deliver 16Kb TS data per interrupt
> >        2010-08-07      Marko Ristola           Under Review
>

> I had tried this patch a while back, but due to some reason it was
> causing a complete freeze at my side: it could have been due to a
> different version of the bridge or so, But it wasn't really easy on my
> side to ascertain that. That time looking at the patch it wasn't easy
> to identify the reason as well. I need to retry the same again, with a
> cooler head as to see what happens.

That would be good, as far as i remember - the issue is, without these
patches the driver crashes after a while caused by vdr's excessive use
by EIT scanner. So it can only be used without EPG scan enabled. With
that it was running stable. There have been a few different patches
floating around to address this issue.

> > [v2] V4L/DVB: faster DVB-S lock for mantis cards using stb0899 demod
> >        2010-10-10      Tuxoholic               Under Review
> >

> I was under the assumption that this issue was fixed in the right way,
> with the fix being applied to the stb6100 driver sometime back. Was
> your test with that fix in ?

Think i did not put it into relation.

Let me get to the users of the cards, to test the current dkms [1] w/o
any patches and confirm back to you whats current situation
It was this one:

commit f14bfe94e459cb070a489e1786f26d54e9e7b5de
Author: Manu Abraham <abraham.m...@gmail.com>
Date:   Sun Nov 14 15:52:10 2010 -0300

    [media] stb6100: Improve tuner performance

right ?

Kind Regards

Steffen

[1] Test version of the dkms, need to remove above named patches
tomorrow. Will remove the above patches again for testing, then its
except for a small fix for more then on TT S2 1600 plain media_tree.
https://launchpad.net/~yavdr/+archive/testing-vdr/+packages?field.name_filter=v4l-dvb-dkms&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=