Hi Guennadi,

Thanks for replying.

On 03/07/2011 03:05 PM, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Sergio Aguirre wrote:

Hi Guennadi and all,

I've been trying to make my omap4 camera host driver to allow YUYV ->  NV12
color conversion, and add that to the supported host-client formats, but I
think I have hit the wall with the host design.

I noticed that the soc_camera seems to be designed to just pass-through the
client supported formats (i.e. if my sensor supports YUYV and JPEG, those will
be the supported formats only)

No, this is not the case.

Ok.

Now, in my host driver, I have a feature to do a color conversion to NV12, but
I'm still not sure on how to expand the supported formats to, say: YUYV, JPEG,
and NV12 (which would be available only if the client outputs YUYV, of
course).

I was trying adding a customized get_formats function, but as
soc_camera_init_user_formats anyways depends heavly on the sensor's
enum_mbus_fmt, it's hard to add supported formats that the sensor doesn't
directly support.

Has this been done before? Any advice?

Of course, this is supported. See sh_mobile_ceu.c, mx3_camera, pxa_camera,
omap1_camera. Just search for the format array defined with "static const
struct soc_mbus_pixelfmt" and see how it is used. Feel free to ask again,
if you have more questions.

Ahh... OK. I understand now :)

So, you basically first determine the count of sensor formats, by looping through enum_mbus_fmt in the sensor, and with every call to get_formats with the index range, you can return 2 or more formats.

In my case, when the sensor supports YUYV, I'll return 2 and update the xlate array with 2 entries, instead of just one, is that right?

Sorry for the noise, and thanks for the patience :)

I've been focusing more on the actual HW functionality, rather than the clean design. But now it's time to clean things up and prepare for upstreaming :)

Regards,
Sergio

Thanks
Guennadi