Hi Pawel,

On Monday 04 April 2011 01:51:05 Pawel Osciak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This series implements a slight redesign of the stop_streaming() callback
> in vb2. The callback has been made obligatory. The drivers are expected to
> finish all hardware operations and cede ownership of all buffers before
> returning, but are not required to call vb2_buffer_done() for any of them.
> The return value from this callback has also been removed.

What's the rationale behind this patch set ? I've always been against vb2
controlling the stream state (vb2 should handle buffer management only in my
opinion) and I'd like to understand why you want to make it required.

I plan to use vb2 in the uvcvideo driver (when vb2 will provide a way to
handle device disconnection), and uvcvideo will stop the stream before calling
vb2_queue_release() and vb2_streamoff(). Would will I need a stop_stream
operation ?

Laurent Pinchart