On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 08:20 -0400, Eric B Munson wrote:
> I the above mentioned capture card and the digital side of the card
> works well.  However, when I try to get video from the analog side of
> the card, all I get is a red screen and no sound regardless of channel
> requested.  This is a problem I see in 2.6.39-rc1 though I typically
> run the ubuntu 10.10 kernel with the newest drivers built from source.
>  Is there something in setup or configuration that I may be missing?

Eric,

You are likely missing the last 3 fixes here:

http://git.linuxtv.org/awalls/media_tree.git?a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cx18_39

(one of which is critical for analog to work).

Also check the ivtv-users and ivtv-devel list for past discussions on
the "red screen" showing up for known well supported models and what to
try.

Mauro,

Did these changes for HVR-1600 analog make it into .39 ?

Here was my pull request from about a week ago:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg30721.html

Regards,
Andy