On May 3, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Jarod Wilson <ja...@wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, good to have confirmation its got the same issue (and that
>> it doesn't appear to be a simple case of flat batteries)
>>
>>> Jarod, send me your mailing address off-list, and I'll get a package
>>> into the mail this week.
>>
>> Will do, coming shortly.
>
> Not to hijack the thread, but when I was doing the saa7134 work for
> the 1150, I noticed something strange during testing.  I just was
> watching the my tty0 virtual console while whacking buttons on the
> remote.  It appears that there would be a backlog queued up in the
> driver.
>
> For example, if I hit on the remote control:
>
> 1111.....2
>
> (where .... is a pause for a couple of seconds)
>
> I would actually see to the console:
>
> 1111....12
>
> (were .... is the pause in time)
>
> Note that there is a "1" after the pause, suggesting it was in some
> sort of queue or backlog that wasn't flushed.
>
> Have you seen anything like this with other drivers?

I actually have. If I'm thinking clearly, the cases I've seen were taken
care of by converting the respective device drivers over to using
ir_raw_event_store_with_filter (and setting a timeout value), but I could
be mixing up the symptoms that led to those changes with something else.
I do know I've seen similar behavior with other hardware though. :)

> I'm asking
> because if this is something you think might be specific to the
> saa7134 (and you want to investigate), I can throw the 1150 board into
> the same package.
>
> I guess I'm just raising the concern because the perceived behavior
> could be stray button presses being sent to the application.  For
> example, if I say "13" and then a few seconds later type "25", I don't
> want the application to receive "325".
>
> Anyway, let me know if you want me to throw the second board in the
> outbound package.

Sure, throw it in, I'll see what I can see.

--
Jarod Wilson
ja...@wilsonet.com