On Thu, 5 May 2011, javier Martin wrote:

> Hi,
> as you know I'm currently working on submitting mt9p031 driver to
> mainline, testing it with my Beagleboard xM.
> While I was trying to clean Guennadi's patches I ran into the attached
> patch which changes a call to "omap3isp_get(isp);" into
> "isp_enable_clocks(isp);".
>
> I don't think this is clean since it would unbalance the number of
> omap3isp_get() vs omap3isp_put() and we probably don't want that.
> What seems clear is if we don't apply this patch the clock is not
> actually enabled.
>
> According to my debugging results "isp_disable_clocks()" is never
> called, so, after the first call to "isp_enable_clocks()" there
> shouldn't be any need to enable the clocks again.
>
> Guennadi, do you know what is the cause of the problem?

I don't remember exactly, but it didn't work without this patch. I know it
is not clean and shouldn't be needed, so, if now it works also without it
- perfect! You can start, stop, and restart streaming without this patch
and it all works? Then certainly it should be dropped.

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.