On 05/19/2011 03:02 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Thursday 19 May 2011 14:51:16 Alex Gershgorin wrote:
>> Thanks Laurent,
>>
>> My video source is not the video camera and performs many other functions.
>> For this purpose I have RS232 port.
>> As for the video, it runs continuously and is not subject to control except
>> for the power supply.
>
> As a quick hack, you can create an I2C driver for your video source that
> doesn't access the device and just returns fixed format and frame size.
>
> The correct fix is to implement support for platform subdevs in the V4L2 core.

I recently implemented support for platform V4L2 subdevs.  Now that it
sounds like others would be interested in this, I will try to polish it
up and submit the patch for review in the next week or so.

-Michael

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner