Em 23-05-2011 15:48, Hans Petter Selasky escreveu:
> On Monday 23 May 2011 20:14:45 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Em 23-05-2011 11:37, Hans Petter Selasky escreveu:
>>
>> I don't have any ttusb device here, but I doubt that this would work.
>
> Hi,
>
> It is already tested and works fine.

This will work for you, but it will likely break for the others. Your patch
is assuming that returning an error if selecting alt 1 is enough to know that
alt 0 should be used.

> What I see is that interface 1 does not have an alternate setting like the
> driver code expects, while interface 0 does. So it is the opposite of what
> the
> driver expects. Maybe the manufacturer changed something. Endpoints are still
> the same.

That sometimes happen. Or maybe you just need a different size.

> Please find attached an USB descriptor dump from this device.

Int 0, endpoint 0:

    Interface 0
      bLength = 0x0009
      bDescriptorType = 0x0004
      bInterfaceNumber = 0x0000
      bAlternateSetting = 0x0000
      bNumEndpoints = 0x0003
      bInterfaceClass = 0x0000
      bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0000
      bInterfaceProtocol = 0x0000
      iInterface = 0x0000  <no string>

     Endpoint 2
        bLength = 0x0007
        bDescriptorType = 0x0005
        bEndpointAddress = 0x0082  <IN>
        bmAttributes = 0x0001  <ISOCHRONOUS>
        wMaxPacketSize = 0x0000
        bInterval = 0x0001
        bRefresh = 0x0000
        bSynchAddress = 0x0000

    Interface 0 Alt 1
      bLength = 0x0009
      bDescriptorType = 0x0004
      bInterfaceNumber = 0x0000
      bAlternateSetting = 0x0001
      bNumEndpoints = 0x0003
      bInterfaceClass = 0x0000
      bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0000
      bInterfaceProtocol = 0x0000
      iInterface = 0x0000  <no string>

     Endpoint 2
        bLength = 0x0007
        bDescriptorType = 0x0005
        bEndpointAddress = 0x0082  <IN>
        bmAttributes = 0x0001  <ISOCHRONOUS>
        wMaxPacketSize = 0x0390
        bInterval = 0x0001
        bRefresh = 0x0000
        bSynchAddress = 0x0000

Hmm... assuming that the driver is using ISOC transfers, the difference between
alt 0 and alt 1 is that, on alt0, the mwMaxPacketSize is 0 (so, you can't use it
for isoc transfers), while, on alt 1, wMaxPacketSize is 0x390.

What the driver should be doing is to select an alt mode where the
wMaxPacketSize is
big enough to handle the transfer.

Calculating what "big enough"   is device-dependent, but, basically, a 480 Mbps
USB bus is capable of providing 800 isoc slots per interval. If the packets are
bigger,
the max bandwidth is bigger.

You're able to see the amount of packets per interval by doing a cat
/proc/bus/usb/devices:

T:  Bus=01 Lev=00 Prnt=00 Port=00 Cnt=00 Dev#=  1 Spd=480  MxCh= 8
B:  Alloc=  0/800 us ( 0%), #Int=  0, #Iso=  0

The "B:" line above shows the USB bandwidth usage.